The E-Sylum v26n43 October 22, 2023 (short version)

The E-Sylum esylum at binhost.com
Sun Oct 22 19:35:05 PDT 2023

[image: image.png]

Click here to read this issue on the web
<http://www.coinbooks.org/v26/club_nbs_esylum_v26n43.html>
Click here to read the thin version on the web
<https://www.coinbooks.org/thin/esylum_v26n43_thin.html>
WAYNE'S WORDS: THE E-SYLUM OCTOBER 22, 2023

[image: Wayne Homren 2017-03-15 full]
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/coinbooks/33080797740/in/dateposted-public/>New
subscribers this week include: Douglas Lang, courtesy Akio Lis, and Samuel
Skokan, courtesy Larry Lee. Welcome aboard!

Thank you for reading *The E-Sylum*. If you enjoy it, *please send me the
email addresses of friends you think may enjoy it as well and I'll send
them a subscription*. Contact me at whomren at gmail.com anytime regarding
your subscription, or questions, comments or suggestions about our content.

This week we open with an update on *E-Sylum* email issues, numismatic
literature and ephemera sales, three new books, updates from the Newman
Numismatic Portal, and more.

Other topics this week include U.S. Treasury bonds, medieval money,
numismatics of the borderland, doubled dies, semiquincentennial coin design
ideas, openwork, the LeVere Redfield burglary, Ron Gillio, fixed price and
auction previews, tea tokens, and the Philadelphia Mint dime thieves.

To learn more about the paper currency issues of the Bank of Spain, Spanish
treasure bars, *Modern World Coins*, the Frederick Taylor colonial coin
auction photographic plates, the Van Wart Andre Captured medal, a Dance of
Death medal, and New Zealand rarities, read on. Have a great week, everyone!

Wayne Homren
Editor, *The E-Sylum*

  [image: 00177q00]
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/coinbooks/53278541995/in/dateposted-public/>